Bazaar United Methodist Church
was built in 1909 - Click on photo for larger view
The church building was erected in 1908-1909 with William Oles as contractor, George McClellan, an experienced stone mason, laying the foundation and much of the labor donated. The building was dedicated March 7, 1909.
In 1939, the name was changed to Bazaar Methodist Church (from Bazaar Methodist Episcopal Church) and at Charge Conference March 18, 1969, the name was officially changed to the Bazaar United Methodist Church.
In 1931, a Community Church was organized at Matfield Green, combining Methodist and Christian congregations and any others who wished to join. At this time, the Bazaar members of the Charge went into the Cottonwood Falls Charge.
In 1934, Mrs. Nellie Klingman, an ordained minister and sister of Mrs. W. B. simon of Cottonwood falls, preached at Bazaar and a Sunday School was also organized. In 1940, a Sunday School was again organized. In 1944, the church was again organized and has continued to this date.